Your privacy is critically important to us. At FIBNB.com we have a few fundamental principles
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control any information provider, whether you are a User making a property enquiry, or a property owner providing information to allow legal contracts to be validated.
- We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers?
We are a company with over a decade of experience in the online travel sector that provides products and services designed to allow property owners, hotels and other travel related service providers to connect with people looking to book related services at these establishments. Our mission is to make it easier for people to book holidays online without incurring the significant service charges offered through competing providers.
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a FIBNB.com account to provide a username and email address–and that’s it. You may provide us with more information–like your name–but we don’t require that information to create an account on FIBNB.com
- Public Profile Information: If you have an account with us and decide to list a property using our service, we collect the information that you provide for your public profile. For example, if you have a FIBNB.com account, your username is part of that public profile, along with any other information you add to be shown on your public profile, such as a photo or an “About Me” description. Your public profile information is just that–public–so please keep that in mind when deciding what information, you would like to include.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something on FIBNB.com you will provide additional personal and fiscal information that is required to process the transaction and purchase, such as your name, address, and contact information. We store no credit card details for any transactions in our systems, as they are all processed by 3rd party payment processors and any personal information is only retained as long as is necessary to attend to your purchase and any obligations we may have to honour them.
- Property owner e-commerce information: As a property owner you will be asked to provide your bank details to allow us to transfer funds to your bank account according to our monthly payment schedule.
- Content Information: Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you in draft and published content (for a Property Owner this might be when writing information that will be displayed on their property listings page, while for other Users it might be when providing a review, or comment on the website). Anyone with access to the Internet will be able to read this information when it is published on FIBNB.com. This might be obvious to you…but it’s not to everyone!
- Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys or communicate with Help Agents about a support question.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example, when you create or make changes to your website on FIBNB.com
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that site administrators and users perform on a site using FIBNB.com–in other words, who did what, when and to what thing on a site (e.g., [FIBNB username] deleted “[title of post]” at [time/date]). As another example, our WooCommerce Usage Tracker tracks information like your email address, WooCommerce settings, PHP settings, and other features for your site, along with information about your online store, such as the aggregate number of orders and customers. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, support document searches on fibnb.com, features enabled on your account) along with information about your device (e.g., screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (when, for example, you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or log into your FIBNB.com account through another service (like Google) or if you connect your website or account to a social media service (like Facebook) we will receive information from that service (such as your username, basic profile information, and friends list) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available. We may also get information, such as a mailing address, from third party services about individuals who are not yet our users (…but we hope will be!), which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes like postcards and other mailers advertising our services.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, host your any property listings, backup and restore your listings, or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their property listings more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyse trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition--for example, we may analyse how many individuals purchased a plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of FIBNB.com and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by FIBNB.com and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on FIBNB.com and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have a particular plan with us or have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of FIBNB, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to your site through our Publicize feature.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Other Site Owners: If you have a FIBNB.com account and leave a comment on a site that uses our Services, your IP address and the email address associated with your FIBNB.com account may be shared with the administrator(s) of the site where you left the comment.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like your public profile, posts, other content that you make public on your property listing or through your comments on the page on FIBNB.com are all available to others. Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it--which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information--and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to the FIBNB.com website, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 90 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyse traffic to FIBNB.com and investigate issues if something goes wrong on the website.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services–may not be accessible.
- Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features (like adding a location to a photograph, for example).
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, FIBNB.com does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using FIBNB.com, with the drawback that certain features of FIBNB.com may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our Services 🙁 🙁 🙁 :(, you can close your account on FIBNB.com. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above--for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us. EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Controllers and Responsible Companies
FIBNB.com Services are provided worldwide. Internet Affected is the controller of personal information, which means that they we are company responsible for processing that information, based on the particular service and the location of the individual using our Services. Depending on the Services you use, more than one company may be the controller of your personal data. Generally, the “controller” is the Internet Affected company that entered into the contract with you under the Terms of Service for the product or service you use. The information below explains the controllers for processing your personal information.
Internet Affected, Via Aretina 375, 50136 Florence, Italy.
How to Reach Us
Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
- In the case of US based entities, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them, or ensuring they have signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield; or
- In the case of entities based in other countries outside the EEA, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them.
You can ask us for more information about the steps we take to protect your personal information when transferring it from the EU.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons to collect information from you. We collect information about users over time when you use this website or any apps that we may make available on our website.
Your cookie settings can be adjusted by clicking here
Users of our website are able to verify and grant their consent to the use of tracking cookies during their visit. We use a privacy dashboard to permit users of our website to review and control their privacy settings during the time on our website.
We make the following distinctions between the cookie types in use on our website, and each cookie type is explained below:
- System: these cookies are necessary to ensure the website loads correctly. If these cookies were not set the website would not function. These are permanently enabled.
- Preference: these cookies ensure that choices you make while navigating the website are remembered for when you return to the website. These are permanently enabled.
- Anonymized: these cookies allow us to record information about your visit, the time you spend on the website and other points of interaction. The Internet Protocol (IP) information collected via these cookies are anonymized, and no personal information is shared. These are enabled by default but may be optionally disabled using the privacy dashboard.
- Marketing: these cookies allow us to collect IP information from you, this information is shared with 3rd party data processors and allow us to provide relevant offers and promotions after you leave the website. An example of this could be showing an offer within the personal feed of a visitor’s social media network. These cookies are disabled by default but can be activated through the privacy dashboard.